If you have been listening to the news since the highly contagious, Draco Incendia Trychophyton or “Dragonscale” began to spread, you know what kind of panic the world is in.
Today I speak with former MTV VJ, Martha Quinn, now spokesperson for the Free Wolf Island Quarantine and Research Zone, about their search for a cure. And I stumble across the remarkable story of a man named Joe Hill, and a strange haven that may have found a way to control this deadly catastrophe of spontaneous combustion.
As we celebrate the launch the podcast version of our radio show, we wanted to share with you one of the most popular broadcast episodes from our archives.
This is not it.
We’re not sure where this episode, dated sometime in the near future, came from. It was discovered in the Point Mystic show archives after our recent move. In the mystery of this episode’s existence, we are certain of only one thing — the events depicted here never happened.
The radio version of this story bleeped out names and landmarks in order to protect the location of Camp Windham. It is broadcast for you here, uncensored, in its entirety.
*Our special pilot episode is a fan work that celebrates Joe Hill’s new bestselling novel The Fireman. Order yourself a copy from Copperfeild’s Books or your favorite bookstore.
- Written and produced by Christopher Reynaga.
- Story editing by Marguerite Croft.
- Our featured song “Take Me to Church” is sung by the amazing Connie Talbot. To hear the full song, click here.
- Guitar cover of Turn up the radio by shred-master PDXguitarfreak.
- Cover of “The Streets Have No Name” by the fantastic Trabants.
- Episode music by Blue Dot Sessions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivitaves 4.0 International License.